Making a positive difference to our clients, our workers, and the communities throughout we operate is at the mainframe of what we do
MCE’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy recognises our responsibility to maintaining the highest business practice standards, whilst reporting on our sustainability activities and objectives.
MCE’s CSR strategy has been developed to reflect the steps we take to monitor and improve our performance in relation to four key areas, or “Responsibilities”, aimed at embedding sustainability into all of our activities:
- Our Civic Responsibilities
- Our Economic Responsibilities
- Our Environmental Responsibilities
- Our Workplace Responsibilities
Investing heavily in training and development for all new and existing. A number of our staff have undertaken an NVQ in Asbestos – a first for the industry. Securing major contracts across the UK, and providing employment opportunities for new staff.
This Responsibility relates to the need for the company to be profitable and to grow year-on-year to support our clients and our workforce. Sustained year-on-year growth across the company, which has allowed us to continue to invest in new resources such as staff, plant and equipment.
This Responsibility requires us to conduct our operations in a socially and environmentally-responsible manner, whilst meeting other business considerations such as safety, quality and value for money. Implementing a comprehensive waste management process, to monitor and recycle waste, and utilise products made from or including recycled materials. Encouraging staff to reduce electricity and water usage, whilst actively reducing energy and resource usage on site. Ensuring that the products and materials we purchase are strictly controlled and adhere to environmental legislation. Materials purchases take into account recycling ability – we utilise FSC-registered timber suppliers Utilising innovations to improve environmental performance:
- Innovative mobile hygiene units
- Implementing processes that improve the environmental performance of our fleet.
This Responsibility involves understanding the importance of our roles, whilst making a valuable contribution to the workplace.
- Complying with the current health and safety legislation, and approved codes of practice. We take health and safety considerations into consideration in all aspects of our business, and recognise the importance of maintaining the highest standards of health and safety.
- Continuing to invest in developments, to maintain our position as a market leader within the industry.
Applying training and development opportunities through the company, whilst conducting training for our clients, to share best practice and heighten awareness.